I offer a WordPress Workshop (From Novice to Ninja. Contact me for more info.), but some people have wanted some cheaper options for learning WordPress and getting started with their website or blog. Below is a list of the tools and services I use that you might find very helpful in your quest to become a WordPress and Online Marketing Ninja!
If you need more help…
I hope that some of the following will be a great help to you, but online training isn’t for everyone…Sometimes people need a human with them or on the phone that can answer their own specific questions or explain things in a way that makes more sense to them. If after viewing all the videos in the WordPress 101 series, you still need more help in learning the fine details of WordPress or search engine optimization (SEO), we can arrange for a time to meet where I can training you in person. I am also available to you to help you with any technical challenges you are having or any upgrades or design improvements with which you would like some help. Feel free to contact me whenever you need my services.
My Favorite WordPress Training, Tools, and Online Services
- WordPress 101 (WordPress Training Videos) This one is really the most important for getting started with WordPress!
- Blue Host (The highly-rated and cheap web host that I use. They actually have special going on right now that makes it cheaper than I am paying!) This one is the second most important since you will need a web host no matter what!
- Gravity Forms (The best premium forms plugin. I use it.)
- PageLines Drag and Drop Theme Framework (My favorite premium theme)
- MailChimp (The email marketing company/tools that I use. I have a FREE account and haven’t yet needed to get paid account.)
- HootSuite (Helps you manage your social media marketing across multiple networks. I use the FREE version)
- WordPress Plugins (Tons of FREE Plugins here. It would take me a while to list all the free plugin that I use from here. Make sure the plugin you download is from a reputable source. There is a search within the WordPress Dashboard for all of these as well. If you need a specific plugin for a specific functionality on your site, just ask me and I will give you my favorite recommendation.)
- Wufoo (Super easy to use and create online forms and online polls — an alternative to Gravity Forms)
I haven’t used any of the following personally, but have heard great things about them:
- Woo Themes (Well-Designed and easy to use WordPress Themes with lots of theme choices)
- Headway Premium WordPress Theme (Easy to customize premium drag and drop WordPress Theme)
- Themify.me (Very nice selection of well-designed, customizable WordPress Themes)
- AWeber (Widely-used Email Marketing Service with Online Marketing Pros that include many helpful features)